Wednesday, June 4, 2014

THE HECTOR EFFECT!

I get to meet so many amazing people in my job.  I am truly lucky to get to do what I do.  Once in a while, there is someone that you meet that changes you.  Someone that profoundly touches you with their story and creates a lasting and permanent evolution in one's destiny.  Hector Velasco is one of these special people.  What his story did to me, I hope it can do to you.  I call it "The Hector Effect"!

When I first met Hector, I had no idea about his past. I did not know that just 5 years before, he was told that he would NEVER get out of a wheelchair.  I did not know that he had broken his back so severely that he was told that he would NEVER have feeling in his lower body again.
Why did I not know this?  Because Hector was on his road bike, riding right along side of me, pushing and climbing his way to the top of a hill. I had NO idea what he had been through. He never mentioned it. He was just a strong cyclist and a really nice guy that I had met.  Then I found out.  I found out from someone else a little bit of his story.  Hector is so humble, he never mentioned anything to me until I asked.  His story changed my life and I want to share his story with you.  
CLICK HERE TO WATCH A NEWS SEGMENT ABOUT HECTOR'S STORY:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlffz-4AD3Y
Hector's diligence, his fortitude, his inner strength and power gives me power.  
His accomplishments have shown me that, YES... I CAN!!  And YES... YOU CAN, TOO!  
We all have stumbling and road blocks.  No one said it was going to be easy, right?  But, if  you focus, if you work at it, if you PERSERVERE... you CAN CREATE THE CHANGE YOU DESIRE!!  
THIS IS THE "HECTOR EFFECT":
CHANGE YOUR MIND... like Hector did...he fired up the damaged neuro-transmitter pathways.  He changed his MIND AT THE MOLECULAR LEVEL!!  
IF YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND... YOU WILL CHANGE YOUR BODY! Hector CHANGED his body. He is walking, playing golf and this coming Saturday, HE IS ENTERING A RACE UP A MOUNTAIN ROAD!!!  9 MILES OF UPHILL CYCLING!
IF YOU CHANGE YOUR BODY.... YOU WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE!!!
HECTOR CHANGED MY LIFE... I HOPE YOU RECEIVE THE "HECTOR EFFECT"" AS WELL!! 


1 comment:

Please feel free to leave any questions or comments!